[Asterisk-Users] FXO/FXS card

Sat Oct 2 03:44:51 MST 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 19:28:33 -0300, Marcelo Pacheco <marcelo at macp.eti.br> wrote:
> Yes, but I pay over 100% import taxes to bring this kind of equipment from the
> US. Sometimes it gets to over 200%.

In that case, I'd say the cheapest FXO gateway for you is a vintage
PowerMac 9xxx from the junk yard, running Yellow Dog Linux 3.01 with 6
winmodems based on the Intel 537 chipset, all of which you should be
able to source locally for a total of no more than 300 USD, assuming
you pay 250 USD for the Mac and 50 USD for six winmodems.

Two birds with one stone: avoid all import duties and IRQ issues.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.