[Asterisk-Users] Re: HT 486

Aaron Clauson aza_rc at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 2 03:10:07 MST 2004

If you mean can you make the HT486 make its two ports
act as a switch instead of routing between them then I
am pretty sure the answer is no. At least I have never
managed to do it.

The Budgettone phones operate in the way you are
talking about.

If the Grandstream firmware was available them it
would probably be easy to turn the routing functions
on the HT486 (incidentally I have the same problem
with the Linksys WRT54G WiFi routers, not being able
to turn the router off although in this case you can
get hacked firmwares).

Does anyone know if Grandstream uses a Linux based
firmware?

Regards,
Aaron