[Asterisk-Users] S100U crashing server

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Sat Oct 2 03:04:43 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to get an S100U that came as part of the dev kit light
working.  I have tried compiled EHCI as modules or directly into the
kernel but the same problem happens both times:

I connect the S100U and run modprobe wcusb - initially nothing happens
(great - no errors, etc).  Fairly soon the server will die.  It seem to
be related to communications with the S100U.  For example if I run "more
/proc/zaptel/2" a couple of times the server will hang (BTW before it
dies the output of /proc/zaptel/2 is just span = "" - or something very
like it - my server is dead again and I was remotely connected to it!).

The zaptel module and the X100P module are working fine with asterisk -
it seems to be a usb/S100U only problem.

I'm running Linux 2.6.7 on a gateway PIII 550Mhz.  When the server hangs
there is no response at all - network, keyboard, etc and I have to
reboot it to get back in (nothing is written to log files either).

Has anyone else had problems with the wcusb & S100U hanging their
server?

Thanks very much,

Derek