[Asterisk-Users] OT: Opensource "Sipura Profile Compiler" for SPA2K, 3K

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Fri Oct 1 14:51:24 MST 2004

Kevin Walsh wrote:

> I can confirm that GET and POST work as a backup and restore method.
>
> It'd be trivial to write a small Perl script that uses GET to download
> a Sipper's configuration, or uses POST to update a Sipura.  The script
> could read/write the configuration data using whatever store is deemed
> necessary (XML file(s), SQL database etc.).
>
> Of course, it'd be less trivial to create a MS Windows application,
> but there's probably no need for that anyway. :-)

Cool!

Step one complete.

I know that such a script can be writen, but remember that I need to
access these Sipura's behind a NAT (not mine, a clients).  And they may
not necesarily have a Unix-ish machine to run a perl (or something
script).  I would like something very simple that my clients could run
(or task scheduler, service, etc.) that would go to my website, get the
configuration, and PUT it to the sipura.  I would love to PUT it there
myself, but I don't want them to have to mess with port forwarding, etc.

--
Kristian Kielhofner