[Asterisk-Users] OT: Opensource "Sipura Profile Compiler" for SPA2K, 3K

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Fri Oct 1 14:47:02 MST 2004

Kristian Kielhofner [kris at krisk.org] wrote:
> This is what I propose...  If Sipura won't license their profile
> compiler (to generate config files for the SPA2K and 3K).  I will have
> to "make my own".  Because I live in the US (and don't want to risk
> messing with the DMCA), I think that the only way to do this is to use
> the HTTP GET/PUT method.
>
> Sipura already claims that you can do a HTTP GET (lynx -dump) and put
> the config for a device into a file.  I know that this works.  What I
> don't know will work is doing a PUT to put it back on the device.  If I
> can get this to work, then I should be able to somehow create a utility
> (running under Windows) to go to my web server, download a file (if it
> has changed) and PUT it on the device.  I already have the details
> worked out, but I just wanted to see what the list thought since I would
> (of course) release anything that I came up with GPL.  Does this seem
> viable, has anyone done this, or is there a better way to do it?

I can confirm that GET and POST work as a backup and restore method.

It'd be trivial to write a small Perl script that uses GET to download
a Sipper's configuration, or uses POST to update a Sipura.  The script
could read/write the configuration data using whatever store is deemed
necessary (XML file(s), SQL database etc.).

Of course, it'd be less trivial to create a MS Windows application,
but there's probably no need for that anyway. :-)

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz