[Asterisk-Users] FXO/FXS card

Luis Vazquez luis at teledata.com.uy
Fri Oct 1 11:09:47 MST 2004

I totally agree "Digium should look at filling this market segment" and
also shoul raise the testing and quality level in this segment, mainly
if asterisk is intended to be a world (as any lead free software and
community supported proyect should be) and not  only an USA
product/proyect.
T1 plus channels bank is a solution for USA but not for many other
countries because disconnect suppervision in USA is different from
allmost all the rest of the world (USA people is allways special :) and
the performance and stability of TDM4xx FXO modules is far from
acceptable in production environment (mainly if you want to use more
than 4 lines).

Respect to the 12 port voicetronix, just to prevent other naive guys out
there from wasting 1400 bucks (as we did): think it twice and if
possilbe wait for a while except in case you have some money to spare
and want to play with a (nice and) new toy.
We have bought one of this cards six mounths ago and after many goes and
comes, including many contributions to chan_vpb we are still not able to
take it seriously as an fxo option for an asterisk pbx solution.
Many times it takes asterisk down, in other cases the server is totally
frozen when you are making a call (connectin twp vpb ports), sometimes
many strange noises, many times vpb fxo channels get stucked forever,
etc.... An what is more frustrating this happens in totally randomic ways.
So, really nice hardware (looks much better than Digium fxo modules or
x100p) but many, many things to improve before this becomes a really
fxo/fxs sollution for Asterisk based systems.
It seems to have one (1) developer devoted to asterisk/voicetronix
integration is far from enought for such an important (and big?) work.

Best regards
Luis