[Asterisk-Users] Can't get x100p to answer the phone

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Nov 30 22:14:39 MST 2004

Inline...

> Hi, I've got an x100P and I'm able to dial out and make phone calls with
> it ok but I just want to set it up to answer the phone and be a simple
> answering machine but it doesn't seem to want to answer the phone.  I
> keep getting this: on the console when the phone rings:
>
>     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
> Nov 28 08:55:09 NOTICE[29298]: chan_zap.c:5458 ss_thread:  Got event 2
> (Ring/Ans
> wered)...
>    == Starting Zap/1-1 at incoming,s,1 failed so falling back to exten 's'

The above line is telling you the incoming x100p call went to the
"incoming" context in extensions.conf looking for the "s" extn, and
couldn't find it. Then below it failed to the "default" context as well.

>    == Starting Zap/1-1 at incoming,s,1 still failed so falling back to
> context '
> default'
>  Nov 28 08:55:09 WARNING[29298]: pbx.c:1963 ast_pbx_run:  Channel
> 'Zap/1-1' sent
>  into invalid extension 's' in context 'default', but no invalid handler
>      -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
>
> My extensions.conf file looks like this:
>
> [incoming]
> s,1,Dial(Zap/2,15)
> s,2,Voicemail(u10)
> s,3,Hangup

Try modifying the above to look more like the next lines:

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Dial(Zap/2,15)
exten => s,2,Voicemail(u10)
exten => s,102,Voicemail(b10)
exten => s,103,Hangup

> My voicemail.conf looks like this:
> [default]
> 10 => ,Shawn Wilson,sbwilson at sympatico.ca

Might consider:
10 => 1234,Shawn.....
giving the voicemailbox a password of 1234.

> and zapata.conf looks like this:
> [channels]
>
> context=incoming
> signalling=fxs_ks
> language=en
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridge=yes

You're likely to need "echotraining=800" in this section as well.

> relaxdtmf=yes
> rxgain=1.5
> txgain=1.5
> channel => 1
>
> context=local-access
> signalling=fxo_ks
> language=en
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridge=yes
> musiconhold=default
> callerid="Sample Zap Phone" <10>
> relaxdtmf=yes
> txgain=1.5
> rxgain=1.5
> channel => 2
>
> If anyone can figure this out it would be greatly appreciated!

If you make all of the changes above, then stop & start asterisk.

Rich