[Asterisk-Users] iLBC

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Nov 30 18:24:05 MST 2004

Guilherme Góes wrote:

>Does anyone have the fixed point implementation of the iLBC codec ? I
>am an undergraduate student that's trying to implement a faster way
>for this CODEC in a PC architeture using MMX/SSE (fixed point).

On a PC it is actually quite hard to make a codec like this go faster by
using fixed point. A floating version, especially if it uses SSE well,
usually wins.

I think the only fixed point implementations are paid for versions for
fixed point DSPs, written by GIPS, the developers of iLBC.

Regards,
Steve