[Asterisk-Users] Record() and problems converting with sox.

Tim Mattison tim at marocon.com
Tue Nov 30 15:19:12 MST 2004

I use the following command-line:

sox input.wav -r 8000 output.gsm

It does rate conversion on my box no matter what the input rate is.  I
routinely convert audio files from 22,050 Hz to 8,000 Hz like this and
it never lets me down.  The placement of "-r 8000" is important.  If you
put it before input.wav it doesn't do anything (or more correctly it
makes sox think it's already at 8,000 Hz and then the output just sounds
very slow).

Hope that helps.