[Asterisk-Users] Issues with zaptel on FC3 - don't know how to fix zaptel after yum update

Steven Frazier lists at futuresync.com
Tue Nov 30 14:51:43 MST 2004

I have installed FC3 using the notes from lesnet
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+Fedora+Core+3
It worked very well, worked first time.

My configuration consists of:

(1) TDM400P w/ 2 FXS daughterboards and w/1 FXO daughterboard

I use yum update to update my installation.

After the update and reboot, I attempted to recompile zaptel, Zapata,
libpri, asterisk.

No errors, when I try and start zaptel with /etc/init.d/zaptel

I get:

     wcfxo  - Sleep 1
     wctdm  - Sleep 1
     Sleep 3

     Running ztcfg:  Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

1 error(s) detected

                                                           [FAILED]

in looking into /dev/zap/ctl, I find I no longer have a /dev/zap, I have a
/dev/zapctl now vs. a /dev/zap sub directory

I have tried:
[root at pbx04005 dev]# rmmod wctdm
[root at pbx04005 dev]# rmmod wcfxo
[root at pbx04005 dev]# rmmod zaptel

[root at pbx04005 dev]# modprobe zaptel
[root at pbx04005 dev]# modprobe wctdm
Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

1 error(s) detected

FATAL: Error running install command for wctdm

[root at pbx04005 dev]# modprobe wcfxo
Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 0: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

1 error(s) detected

FATAL: Error running install command for wcfxo
[root at pbx04005 dev]#

I also relinked the symlink to the new update:

linux-2.6 -> /lib/modules/2.6.9-1.681_FC3/build/

I re-installed using the same notes from the wiki and find that my
installation works fine and asterisk works fine but after the update it is
broken.  I am asking the list for any help or assistance or if anyone else
has seen this type of problem.

Thanks.