[Asterisk-Users] Gentoo and Asterisk - any experiences?

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 30 10:21:21 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 16:23 +0000, Kevin Walsh wrote:
[snip]
> I do recommend Gentoo GNU/Linux with the 2.6 kernel.  Everything
> "just works" (tm) without all the hoops you have to jump though with
> other distros - such as Fedora.
[snip]

Not wanting to start the ol' distro wars again but I haven't come across
any hoops I need to jump through while installing Fedora Core 2 or 3. My
installs typically take 20 mins (start-end, including extensive
individual package selection) which imho beats the lightyears it takes
Gentoo to compile all the apps. Fedora Core 2 has worked fine for me
running Asterisk for a long time now and I recommend that over Fedora
Core 3 due to the introduction of udev which requires additional tweaks
and too cutting edge versions of gcc for my taste.

Regards,
Patrick