[Asterisk-Users] ParkAndAnnounce Problem, Great Idea, not working consistently

jr.richardson at cox.net jr.richardson at cox.net
Tue Nov 30 07:23:51 MST 2004

Hi Guys,

I’ve been trying to get this application to work but I’m getting inconsistent results.  My music on hold works fine by itself, I can park calls all day, works every time.  I can dial the Console/dsp all day by itself and it works every time, sounds great, even play announcement gsm recording through the console, it just works.  When I invoke the parkandannounce app, the announcement through the console is a bit choppy, but it still announces every time.  The call goes to the parking lot, every time but the MOH only works twice, then no more MOH to the caller.  I have to reboot to get it working again.  Debug shows me nothing.  It seems to me that this application is hosing up because I can use MOH and Parking independent of one another with perfect results every time.  I’m using MPG123 and ALSA sound drivers.

I’ve tried this on several different servers with different sound cards but still get the same results.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.

JR