[Asterisk-Users] E1s ISDN PRI & CPC

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Tue Nov 30 07:06:26 MST 2004

Hi everyone,

I'd like to try to use * & ASTCC to create a pre-paid public call card
solution.  In testing is looks good.  I've been talking with Telecom
suppliers about supplying me with E1 Primary ISDN lines (probably 4 to start
with) and I'd purchase digium TE405Ps to connect everything up.

What I'm uncertain about is how to handle CPC with asterisk.  I know that
2mbit E1 Primary rate ISDN lines give 30 voice channels each with the
remaining two channels used for signaling and timing and that when a call
comes in it should be possible to know the network Id of the caller and also
the type of call the caller is coming from (very important because different
networks have a higher cost with freephone numbers if the call is picked up
- e.g. Mobile (US "Cellular") phones).  The Network Id should give me a
unique id of the caller (even if they block their CLID) so that extra
security checks can be coded in (like blocking a caller if they connect
multiple times to a [high cost] freephone number and then are not successful
with call card number entry).  I can probably work/hack with the ASTCC AGI
scripts to get this functionality but does anyone know about CPC and how it
works with the TE405Ps?  Also is it possible to get the Network Id
information before the call is picked up so that a decision can be made
about whether to answer the call or drop it before any charges apply?

Thanks for any help!

Derek

---