[Asterisk-Users] cisco dial-peer voip

Brian Wilkins brian at hcc.net
Tue Nov 30 01:56:51 MST 2004

Why not just have the Asterisk server act as a SIP/H323 gateway instead of the
cisco router? You can then send incoming calls to registered Asterisk users
via the cisco router and outgoing calls from Asterisk users to the PSTN via
the cisco router. You can still use your same config below, but send the VoIP
sessions through Asterisk and let it parse out where the calls need to go and
send it to the cisco if you want to terminate traffic.