[Asterisk-Users] fxo connection in the UK

Peter Hoppe peter at radioworldwide.org
Tue Nov 30 06:50:49 MST 2004

I have used a x100P card in the test system, and it has performed *reasonably* well with some echo.
  I bought it from telappliant, so I guess it's approved for a UK context. If it is the most
practical solution I stick with three x100P cards.

In the test system I had some trouble when I used a handytone286 adapter with an Audioline503
economy telephone (No other phone did ring on incoming calls; sometimes dialled wrong number when I
used BT analog line; audio sounds 'rough' and 'too bright'). Connection was fine with a grandstream
IP phone (BT-100).

UK approval is a make-or-break issue for me, as I would not like to connect unapproved devices to a
public network. The other solution I had a look at was an adit600 channel bank with an 8-way fxo
card and fxs cards - but I dropped that option for the fxo side because the CAC fxo module seems not
to be approved for UK use either. Many thanks for all your comments so far!

Peter

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world,