[Asterisk-Users] CONSOLE/dsp and command line play of wave file

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Nov 29 14:15:32 MST 2004

Is there a way to have asterisk setup in ALSA mode (which is working)
but also be able to "play file.wav" and hear that also.

CONSOLE/dsp is working.
If I stop asterisk and "play file.wav" that works.
But if asterisk is running I cannot also play a file.wav

I am not actually doing them at the same time. Just a couple files
here and there to play. But as is I have to stop asterisk to play them
and then restart asterisks. do want to do that.

THanks,

Jerry