[Asterisk-Users] Comparision of IAX2, FWD, iaxtel etc etc.

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 14:03:00 MST 2004

Hi,

I've been setting up * recently and slowly getting to grips with it, however
I'm getting rather confused with all the different configs for IAX
calls, FWD calls
iaxtel etc etc. What I think I need it a basic understanding or even a
comparison of
these different voip systems (if thats what they are?)

I'd like to be able to make calls to other voip users, both in the UK and abroad
and also make calls out on to the UK and US networks if possible.

I'd also like to receive calls via a voip number?

My * box is on my local LAN behind a nat router if that helps.

Many thanks
Mike