[Asterisk-Users] Audio Drops out at Random - one way

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 29 06:55:38 MST 2004

Craig Waddington wrote:

>I found this:
>
>http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2003-May/000764.html
>
>But it is old, and I am sure lots of changes have been made to the
>source, since then.
>
>Where and how do you set absolutetimeout=0, would this help?
>
>A test I want to perform is, we make a call, and say nothing for 20
>seconds, and see if that's why the audio stream is being dropped. ???
>
>What I am doing currently is running debug IAX2 when users make a call,
>to try pinpoint the issue, but I don't know what I am looking for in the
>output.
>
>Are you using Cisco Phones? If so, what firmware, that is the only
>common thing at my end.
>
>This install worked fine for months, the audio issue has just started
>occurring.
>
>The quality is perfect, except this loss of Audio for a few seconds.
>
>Is your problem purely outgoing?

If you haven't set absolutetimeout in your dialplan then there will be
no reason to have to reset it back to 0..

I tried the debug but didn't see much useful in there.. probably because
I don't know what its telling me..

I am using Snom phones but I am almost sure its not the phone to
Asterisk leg because I have an analog phone connected directly to the
Asterisk box and it also drops calls.. Its almost certainly the IAX leg..

My problem appears to be purely on outgoing but we don't get a huge
amount of incoming calls over the IAX and as far as I know we have never
dropped an inbound call, but because of the small inbound call volume I
wouldn't take it as fact..

Later..