[Asterisk-Users] OT: mixing monitor files to stereo wav

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ollie.clive.ia.us
Sun Nov 28 23:45:04 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 23:01 +0000, Stefan Reuter wrote:

> i am looking for a tool to merge the two wav files of a monitored call
> into one. soxmix does that well but actually merges the two channels.
> I would prefer a solution that creates a stereo wav file of the two mono
> files so you have the called party on one (e.g. left) channel and the
> calling party on the other (e.g. right).

This doesn't really help right now, but it looks like GStreamer will
soon be able to help you with a command like this:

gst-launch interleave name=int ! wavenc ! filesink location=/tmp/x.wav
{ filesrc location=ch2.gsm ! gsmdec ! queue ! int.sink1 } { filesrc
location=ch2.gsm ! gsmdec ! queue min-threshhold-buffers=1 ! int.sink2 }

Unfortunately the interleave plugin isn't currently fully implemented,
so this command bombs out with an error.  No one was awake on the IRC
channel to help out so hopefully they'll release a new version soon that
has the necessary bits implemented.

Jeff