[Asterisk-Users] asterisk based bbs

lenz lenz-ml at oinko.net
Sun Nov 28 13:52:39 MST 2004

In data Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:55:06 +0100, Michael Vogel <icarus at dabo.de> ha
scritto:

> lenz schrieb:
>>  I was wondering: anybody ever wrote an asterisk based bbs? not a bbs
>> about asterisk, but a vocal bbs that runs on asterisk, so that people
>> can call, hear the discussion of the day, leave messages, etc.
>
> It doesn't really make sense to me. It only makes sense for some very
> limited fields. e.g. when somebody cannot read or write (he hasn't
> learned it or is blind). Everybody else could use the computer. Most
> people who would use such a system do have a computer at home I guess.

yes, but it could be a funny thing to do. I have been a long time bbs
enthusiast and would have loved - back in the beginning of the 90s, with
the first 14400 voice modems - to run a voice only bbs, with people
talking instead of typing. now with * it is not only feasible, but by
linking up to some free phone number provider could be free for everyone
to use. so I thought this idea would come up in somebody else's mind....
:-)
l.

--
Creato con M2, il rivoluzionario client e-mail di Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/