[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk/linux 2.6.9 kernel build failure

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sun Nov 28 13:31:32 MST 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Bob Goddard wrote:

> On Sunday 28 November 2004 19:25, Steven P. Donegan wrote:
> > Well - if 2.6.etc did adopt this it isn't reflected in actual make/make
> > install world - i.e. nothing gets installed in /lib/modules/anywhere...
> > And this is with kernel source from kernel.org - not a distro-tweaked
> > source tree
>
> 2.6 did adopt it. Look at the target _modinst_: in the Linux top level
> Makefile.

A look at the The Linux Kernel Module Programming Guide seems to confirm
it as at least a recommended way of doing things.

   http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lkmpg/2.6/html/x419.html

In our Asterisk build script we first check for /lib/modules/.... and if
the includes are not present there we fall back to /usr/src/linux*/.

Peter