[Asterisk-Users] am i baned or something?

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Sun Nov 28 07:54:44 MST 2004

> Soemthing goes wrong with this mail list:
>
> I am getitng something like it:
>
> >Sorry. Your message could not be delivered to:
>
> >Aster risk (Mailbox or Conference is full.)
>
> ??????????

Probably nothing to do with you.

A lot of people run mail software that isn't fit for consumption even
by pigs (or goats or whatver you prefer).

In particular, people like to run autoresponders and the like which
completely ignore the envelope sender (which is where all backchannel
communications, such as errors, ought to go) and instead target the
listed "From:" address in the body of the message, which doesn't
necessarily have anything to do with the transaction, other than
perhaps having originally authored the message at some past point.

This is, of course, generally the fault of the software they run.  I'll
further note that the software in question is frequently MICROSOFT
BROKENWARE.

Sadly, the small portion of the Internet community that has a clue does
not seem to care enough to do something to deal with this problem, such
as finding ways to deliberately cause these mechanisms to break horribly
until they're removed or turned off by their clueless MCSE "admins".

Regards,

... JG