[Asterisk-Users] SetVar ALERT_INFO

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Sun Nov 28 03:36:27 MST 2004

Hello,

I've got my dialplan configured to do a double ring when a customer
service call comes in, and a normal ring when an extension  is dialed
directly.  When a customer service call is transferred, I want to ring
to revert back to normal.

In the local extension macro, I have the following

; make sure ring is set to default
exten => s,n,NoOp(${ALERT_INFO})
exten => s,n,NoOp(${_ALERT_INFO})
exten => s,n,SetVar(ALERT_INFO=)
exten => s,n,SetVar(_ALERT_INFO=)
exten => s,n,NoOp(${ALERT_INFO})
exten => s,n,NoOp(${_ALERT_INFO})

When a call is transferred, here's what I see on the console

   -- Executing NoOp("Zap/1-1", "Bellcore-r3") in new stack
   -- Executing NoOp("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
   -- Executing SetVar("Zap/1-1", "ALERT_INFO=") in new stack
   -- Executing SetVar("Zap/1-1", "_ALERT_INFO=") in new stack
   -- Executing NoOp("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
   -- Executing NoOp("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack

It appears as though both ALERT_INFO and _ALERT_INFO are not set.  This
isn't the case, however, because the party receiving the transferred
call still hears the double ring.

Now, I'm not sure if this is design or bug.  I think I saw mention of
the _ doing something special but I'm not sure where and see no mention
of it in the wiki under SetVar.

Pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Trevor Peirce