[Asterisk-Users] Flash Timings

Nick Cobley nick.cobley at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 00:29:10 MST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Asterisk with a very old PABX I have here for
test purposes. I have it linked with and FXO module. Now the test
scenario I am building goes like this:

Incoming call on Legacy PABX --> Call Transferred to Asterisk -->
Announcement Played --> Call Transferred to SIP Xtn --> If call is
unanswered perform a hook flash on active zap channel and return it to
the legacy pabx.

Now whenever I perform that hook flash, the calling party is
disconnected, which after much playing I have come to the conclusion
that the Asterisk default flash time is too long. I'm based in
Australia and as far as I know we use much shorter flash timings than
in the US.

I have tried changing the Default Flash Time in zaptel.h, but this
does not make any difference, so I am just a little confused if I am
making the change in the correct place? For what its worth the Legacy
PABX is an Imagineering Ultra 8, just a cheap one I picked up a while
back!

Any inspiration would be appreciated!

Cheers
Nick