[Asterisk-Users] OT - how to get BT to present a number

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Sat Nov 27 10:54:57 MST 2004

> We have a isdn30 line, with a DDI range. We also have 2 business units
> that have separate 0870 numbers that are mapped onto 2 DDI numbers.
>
> I would like to be able to present these 0870 numbers from the business
> units so that the correct number is displayed on a callerid, or when 1471
> is dialled.
>
> BT claim that I can only have a single presentation number on the entire
> isdn line.
> Pipex claim that I can have a presentation number allocated to each DDI
> number that dials out. On the same ISDN line ! They simply take over the
> line, it's still fed into the BT exchange.
>
> Short of moving to Pipex, what can I do to get BT to allow me to do this ?
> Who do I need to speak to ? What techno speak must I give ?

I'm afraid BT are 'correct'. Their presentation number product only allows
one presentation number per subscriber line, therefore one per ISDN line and
not one per DDI.

However, alternative operators can do it, it is not a technical restriction.

Also, if you are interested and have a suitable IP connection, and you
wanted to VoIP your calls to us - we could do it for you that way!

Linus
Magrathea