[Asterisk-Users] getting TDM400P to work in a system that previously had Voicetronix card

Rahul Iyer rahul.s.iyer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 06:45:26 MST 2004

Hi All,

I recently installed and compiled Asterisk in a Red Had (enterprise)
box with digium
TDM400P card installed in it. Thanks to the good documentation
available, I was able to install and configure the hardware as well as
software.
As specified in the Getting Started with Asterisk Guide, I first
installed zaptel driver, then libpri and finally Asterisk. All of them
successfully compiled, but when I execute asterisk

# asterisk -vvvvvc

it doesnt start up, after printing plenty of debug messages it finally
quits with giving the message

Can't open file /dev/vpb0 or /dev/vpbph0

These drivers were installed in the system for the voice tronix cards,
which we trialled previously. They (voice tronix cards and driver) are
no longer used. Even though we have compiled 'zaptel' commenting out
'ztdummy' we still get the error. We have tried to freshly compile all
files, but somehow asterisk thinks voice tronix cards are installed.

I have searched through archives to get some lead, but in vain.
Any help on how to trouble shoot this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and attention
-r