[Asterisk-Users] SIP phones cutting out with Asterisk??

Alfred Certain acertain at gecko-soft.com
Fri Nov 26 12:01:57 MST 2004

Hi Dave,

I had a similar problem some time ago on one of our customers servers
and it's not an Asterisk problem,I suggest you to take a look at your
network state, we found a switch failure causing that, you can try this
tool to test the network:

http://www.cacti.net/

Cacti is designed to be a complete graphing solution for your network.
Its goal is to make the network administrator's job easier by taking
care of all the necessary details necessary to create meaningful network
graphs.

One more important thing is the Kernel you are using. Try 2.4.22 o
higher since lower kernels can have problems with disk access that can
cause similar errors.

Alfred Certain