^3 [Asterisk-Users] problem with chan_unicall.c for MFC/R2 with asterisk

HO SIN hosin_8888 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 11:05:14 MST 2004

Dear Kaws, and Dear Steve,

I think I am facing the same kind of trouble.  This kaws's case is simple; one line inserted by patch designates wrong header file name of "unical.h", therefore the objects are not compiled.   The reality is "unicall.h", and after modifying it, then I faced trouble that the compile does not go through as some of Asterisk structure definition (for example, ast_channel) seemed to have changed after around October version and unicall.c could not compile properly.   In fact the latest version of Asterisk does not compile with the current unicall.    I tracked back to the version around late September.

My environment is RH9, and resolved libtiff trouble, and the compile finally went through, but it still does not operate properly (does not understand line signalling - AB bits correctly).......hmmm

HOSIN

 kaws  elchamal <alfdz16 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Dear Steve,

yes I'm sure that I leave a space between - and p1. the patch run
succefuly... the prouve : In the new makefile I have these new lines :

*************************
CHANNEL_LIBS+=$(shell [ -f /usr/include/unical.h ] && echo chan_unicall.so)

chan_unicall.o: chan_unicall.c
$(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) -o chan_unicall.o chan_unicall.c

chan_unicall.so: chan_unicall.o
$(CC) $(SOLINK) -o $@ $< -lunicall -ltiff -lxml2 -ltonezone $(ZAPLIB)
*************************

excuse me, because I don't use FedoraC3 but FC1

- it can pose problem ?
- what is the versions of linux I must use ?

... I have not errors in compilation. the problem is in the compilation of
chan_unicall.c : no .so and .o files are created!!!

ps: about patching!!! I inform you that the patch pose problem with the
latest version of asterisk v1.0.2 the asterisk channels make file have been
certainly changed...

many thanks for your help

kaws elchamal

http://mail.yahoo.com