[Asterisk-Users] Cannot get two TE410Ps to operate correctly in the same machine

"Dr. Fernando Macías Garza" fmacias at validata.com.mx
Fri Nov 26 08:17:52 MST 2004

You were right. It was a PCI latency issue. I played with this thing for
hours until I realized that I got no IRQ misses on the second card until
my agents logged into the system using IAX. As soon as the first one
logged in, IRQ misses started.

I played with the latency on the Digium cards, but that didn't work.
Then, I reduced the latency timer of the two network boards on the
system to 0, and that took care of the problem. I've been running for
several hours without a glitch.

setpci -v -s XX:X.X latency_timer=00

Some things that I still don't understand:
* Why the second card will always say it is internally clocked, although
it has a telco line connected to it and span 1 in that card is
configured as a sync source.
* What the purpose of the rotary switch on the TE410 board is.
* The zaptel configuration for multiple boards seems sketchy. I
currently have the spans for the second card numbered 5-8 in
zaptel.conf, but if I number them 1-4 the system works too, even though
the spans for the first card are numbered the same.
* Finally, I don't understand why the IAX traffic affects the
performance of the second card only.

Thanks

Fernando