[Asterisk-Users] Billing of outoging calls via CAPI

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 26 07:14:20 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 10:35 +0100, Rastislav Lukac wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to get billing/charging informations of all
> outgoing calls of any PSTN numbers made with my IP-Phone via asterisk.

Asterisk automatically generates CDR's (Call Detail Records). They are
stored in cdr-csv (or a database if you want it there).

> Can I obtain in * an accurate charge information of outgoing call via CAPI which
> destination is any PSTN number?

I think you are referring to AOC (Advice of Charge) and afaik chan_capi
does not support that nor does the CDR generation code.

> Does the ISDN "signal" contain charging informations ?

Depends on your telco but if Asterisk does not support AOC, it will not
matter...

Regards,
Patrick