[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phones-Receptionist Setup

Nicolás Gudiño asternic at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 06:46:13 MST 2004

Hello,

> I'm certainly not an expert on this, but isn't one of the limiting
> factors the functionality implemented by manufacturers in their sip
> phones?  Or, are we assuming the lamp field is an external device
> unrelated to the current production phones?
>
> (I do understand that at least some sip phones have implemented the
> function.)

I agree, the limiting factor is moslty on the phones, not in asterisk.
The SNOM has the extension status working. I suppose that its possible
to code something for XML enabled screen phones, like the Polycom 600
or a Cisco, but I've never seen one myself. So I'm not sure if its
doable.

I wrote a FOP client to display ongoing call status on a LCD attached
to a linux computer via serial port (call duration, number dialed,
timer and rate of the call). If there is enough interest we can make a
relatively cheap external device for BLF, and possibly transfers,
night mode, et all.

--
Nicolás Gudiño
Buenos Aires - Argentina