[Asterisk-Users] IAXy and DHCP

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Fri Nov 26 04:14:59 MST 2004

Hi,

I've got an IAXy, and provided it with connection
data - unfortunately didn't provide a fixed ip address,
but left with dhcp.

Everthing went fine, and I could work a while with it.

After a restart of IAXy, it didn't negotiate a new
IP address, nor used the old one. I even restarted
the DHCP server and cleared its cache. No success.

I went to another office with a different network and
a different DHCP server:

IAXy negotiated a new IP address - once. No more after
restart.

Ok, I want to provide it with a fixed ip address now, but
IAXy doesn't communicate anymore, because it doesn't
negotiate with any DHCP server, nor uses any static
ip address in question. I even tried a third DHCP server
within another ip network. No success.

Pushing IAXy's reset button doesn't change anything.

Is there any trick to get IAXy negotiating at least
once again an ip address?
Or is this an indicator, that this IAXy is no more
working now at all?

Roger.