[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phones-Receptionist Setup

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Fri Nov 26 00:58:45 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 13:24 -0600, Carmi Weinzweig wrote:

> Again, note that I am not asking to display trunk status, just
> extension status, and to allow a user to place a call on hold on one
> phone and pick it up on another (that has that shared extension).

>From another posting today (SNOM telephones and LEDs) that should be
possible (the "status" part). I'm waiting for the new Budge-Tone phones
- that have LED's on Keys - in order to do this myself.

I'm expecting to be able to show a couple of other status's - eg:

a) Night Mode (Toggle with an adjacent "Night Mode" Key)
b) Do Not Disturb (Again - Toggle with the adjacent button)
c) Unconditional Forward-To (Toggle with adjacent button)

I see all these as being pretty generic features - somehow interrelated
to DataBase variables...

Surely this is all possible.

PS - My Grandstream phones (BT100) with 1.0.5.18,
     	and Send-Flash-Event-as-DTMF=No,
now are doing Attended transfer just fine!
--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa.  e.164 VOIP ready
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE