[Asterisk-Users] asterisk and pstn

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Thu Nov 25 04:38:07 MST 2004

Hi Ashling - my Eircom "account manager" rang me last Friday and told me
that they've dropped the installation fee for an E1 PRI from the c 3K to
zero - nothing. The BRIs are still expensive rental enough - 30.99 / mth
/ BRI. So 4 BRIs would be 123.96/mth for 8 channels. The PRI with 30
channels would be 264.11 / month. There is also a "fractional" rate
connection which is a PRI with only half the channels available - maybe
that offeres better value-for-month over the 4 BRIs but I'm not sure off
the top of my head of the pricing for that. (those prices are ex VAT).

You would have another option if you have fibre from one of the other
carriers (Esat, NTL, etc) - you are in a college so you might have? -
they can give you E1 lines over their equipment rather than copper
coming from the outside.

Derek