[Asterisk-Users] Billing (itemized) in the UK

Robinson Tim-W10277 Tim.Robinson at motorola.com
Thu Nov 25 04:34:10 MST 2004

Hi Peter
You need to first of all ask your Telco what mechanism it uses with your
current switch.  The most likely ways are

1) Two stage dialling.  1xxx  pause <PIN> <exten> <dialled number>
2) access code		1xxx <exten> <dialled number>

You need to get the specs for this from Your Communications.  It is not
clear from the web site...

Asterisk will cope perfectly with either solution - you will just need
to fiddle a bit with the dial plan. Once we know what you have to send
to the telco there are tons of people here who will advise on the Dial
command you should use to achieve what you want.

Rgds
Tim Robinson
Ps. Any reason why you chose to stick with the analogue solution? Is
this just risk mitigation in the early stages? (this is a valid reason,
btw!)