[Asterisk-Users] How to make/recieve call using asterisk when thereis a power failure?

Bob Purdon bobp at tekmax.com.au
Thu Nov 25 03:59:58 MST 2004

> An E1 termination can require local power. In that case you will have to
> provide backup power to it. Some get their power from the central office,
> in which case this is not a problem.

In our neck of the woods (Australia) the dominant carrier typically
deploys one of two solutions:

(a) E1/PRI over copper - I haven't seen this for a long while, but I
believe they're line powered;

(b) E1/PRI over fibre - see these all the time, and the transmission
rack they install at the customer site includes batteries and a
rectifier which typically provides service for a couple of days in a
typical installation.

Cheers.