[Asterisk-Users] How to make/recieve call using asterisk when thereis a power failure?

Alex Barnes abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com
Thu Nov 25 03:06:31 MST 2004

Sorry I dont have any answers, however I do have a question.

I was told that ISDN-30 lines do not work during power failure.  Can
anyone with some better knowledge confirm or deny this?
Is this because the ISDN-30 box on the wall requires power (and Telco
providers just dont hook them into UPS as standard)?
Or do they mean if your local circuit has lost power so will the local
digital exchange that provides your ISDN-30?

My experience from customers has been that none of their current phone
solutions worked with power loss so they dont care (not enough to pay
the extra).  Considering the prolification of mobile phones for
emergancy calls during power outages I would agree.

my 2p.