[Asterisk-Users] Unable to open master device

Miguel Ruiz Velasco Sobrino miguelrvs at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Nov 24 21:50:21 MST 2004

>rom: "Jose Hernandez" <jfhernandez_01 at verizon.net>
>Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Unable to open master device
>	'/dev/zap/ctl'
>
>If you are using udev you will get a message during compile suggesting to
>read README.udev, I did not pay attention to this message.
>
>Anyways.. I did not get the error after creating a udev rules file in
>/etc/udev/rules.d with the rules in /usr/src/zaptel/README.udev
>
>/etc/udev/rules.d/zaptel.rules
># section for zaptel device
>KERNEL="zapctl",     NAME="zap/ctl"
>KERNEL="zaptimer",   NAME="zap/timer"
>KERNEL="zapchannel", NAME="zap/channel"
>KERNEL="zappseudo",  NAME="zap/pseudo"
>KERNEL="zap[0-9]*",  NAME="zap/%n"
>

>Now I get this error, I will troubleshoot it later tonight.
>[root at asterisk zaptel]# ztcfg -vv
>Zaptel Configuration
>======================
>Channel map:
>Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
>Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
>2 channels configured.
>ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 2: No such device or address (6)

If you watch de output of dmesg or /var/log/messages, you will find that a module of the
digium card failed to inicialize. Fix that, maybe you are trying to use a TDM400 with de
wcfxo module or the other way arround.
For de TDM400 use allways (and only) the wcfxs and for the TDM100 the wcfxo; if you don't
have the other card don't load the module because you may end with an errors one of them
like this one:
unable to use trunking on channel IAX2 because there is no timing information from HW
(the error is not a transcription only a hint), also the error could be in the voicemail
or the music-on-hold.
Miguel