[Asterisk-Users] Re: Unknown number CID on SIP phone

Brian McCrary bmccrary at lwav.net
Wed Nov 24 12:07:26 MST 2004

Following up on an issue I had posted about earlier, I was able to find
a solution.  I had the gateway defined as [as5400] in the config file.
Since the name did not match it's IP address, when Asterisk started
looking for Caller ID info, it couldn't find any.  I made an entry into
the sip.conf file that has the IP address of the gateway in it, and it
is now returning that if the number is unknown.  I only put 2 lines in
the section, so it looks like:

[xx.xx.xx.xx]      ; IP address of gateway
type=friend
callerid=Unknown <000-000-0000>

Just thought I'd share with the list in case someone else needs to know
this in the future.

Brian