[Asterisk-Users] vm notification no longer contains calling party

Jason Peck jpeck at cgmconsulting.net
Wed Nov 24 10:21:19 MST 2004

I take it that you are talking about the commented out ";emailbody="
line?  I guess that could be.  I just figured that since it was:

"message CIDName , CIDNum message"

and it went to:

"message CIDName , message"

that a variable was "accidentally" left out somewhere where it used to
be.  But, now that I think about it, I can see an argument where you
wouldn't want, for privacy reasons, someones phone number going out over
email.  They would just change the default value of "emailbody=" to
where the variable was left out, instead of just forgetting assign it a
value.  Looking at the sample configs for the new version, "emailbody="
and the variables that you can assign it are the same.

Looking at app_voicemail.c there is a line that says:

pbx_builtin_setvar_helper(ast, "VM_CALLERID", (callerid ? callerid : "an
unknown caller"));

The "pbx_builtin_setvar_helper" function, as well as how it's called in
app_voicemail.c, is the same in my old and new versions.  I can't find
exactly where the CDRs are written, but one would assume that it uses a
similar function to get CIDName and CIDNum.

--jason