[Asterisk-Users] Have anyone successfully install Daniel G729 test suite ? mine core dumped !!

PUIMAN HUANG linxroute at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 03:11:33 MST 2004

Dear guys ,
my box spec :

[root at localhost asterisk]# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping        : 10
cpu MHz         : 1002.289
cache size      : 256 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips        : 1998.84

256RAM/HDD 20G
2 Wildcard X101P

Redhat 9 with following components :
bison , cvs ,gcc , kernel source , newt-dev ,ncruse-dev,openssl096b-dev ,libtermcap-dev, wget, make,openssh,zlib-dev.
Latest asterisk CVS .

I just  want to  see if g729 work better than gsm so i decided to install Daniel's test suite .I have follow exact instruction from Daniel's website .
Register to intel get a license , download the IPP lib as well as the sample speech coding
l_ipp_ia32_itanium_p_4_1.tar
l_ipp-sample-speech-coding_p_4.1.008.tgz
and patch then install it .

But after pactching the file and build then copy the file to /modules .
i issue asterisk -cvvvvvvvg
I got this
[cdr_manager.so] => (Asterisk Call Manager CDR Backend)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/cdr_manager.conf': Found
 [codec_g729.so] => (G729/PCM16 (signed linear) Codec Translator, based on IPP) Illegal instruction
do i need to install the ICC ? or lack of something , like a libary , not much of a programmer my self i dont know where i should put the
export_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/ipp41/ia32_itanium/sharedlib:/opt/intel/ipp41/ia32_itanium/sharedlib/linux32:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
if anyone of you have successfully installed it , please share the configuration , thank you
kindly regards
Linxroute