[Asterisk-Users] Creating CDR's with online connected time

Carsten Bock bock at basis-audionet.de
Wed Nov 24 02:34:44 MST 2004

Hi,

el Flynn wrote:

> Carsten Bock wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> How do i setup asterisk, so that in the CDR's is only the time, which
>> the line actually was connected? Not the time, the line was up, but
>> the time the user was able to talk to another user.
>

> isn't it already in there?

I guess not.
Here in germany it is common, that you just bill the time, the people
were talking to each other. Example: If i call someone on the phone, but
he does not answer the call,  the billsec-row is larger than 0, even
though we did not talk to each other.
Other example: I call someone on the phone and wait, let's say 3
minutes, till he answers my call, then we talk 30 seconds. The
billsec-row is then 210 Seconds (180 sec. waiting + 30 sec. talking). I
need to know, that they were actually just talking 30 seconds.
That is my problem.

Carsten