[Asterisk-Users] linking 2 isdn30 and 2 meridian cards

Asterisk asterisk at dotr.com
Tue Nov 23 16:50:21 MST 2004

At the moment, I have the following working scenario:

isdn30B->(1)te410p(2)->merdian(B)
isdn30A->meridian(a)->te410p(2)

IOW, two isdn30 lines, one going to * span 1, the other going to the
meridian (pri card a), which then is connected to * by pri card (B) into
span 2

What I wanted to do was

isdn30B->(1)te410p(2)->merdian(B)
isdn30A->(3)te410p(4)->meridian(a)

IOW two ISDN30 lines, one going to * span 1, the other to * span 3. * is
linked to the meridian card A by span 2 and card B by span 4.

However: * reported everything was fine except span 4 - the D channel
kept going up and down, and I got a Clock Controller error and red alarm
on the merdian.

My zaptel.conf (for the working scenario) is as follows:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16

span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=32-46,48-62
dchan=47

loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

#################

My working zapata.conf

callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
useincomingcalleridonzaptransfer=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0

context=isdn32-b
pridialplan=unknown
group=1
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=euroisdn
channel=1-15,17-31

context=meridian-b
group=2
signalling=pri_net
switchtype=euroisdn
channel=32-46,48-62

##########################

My broken zaptel.conf is as follows:

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16

span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=32-46,48-62
dchan=47

span=3,2,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=63-77,79-93
dchan=78

span=4,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=94-108,110-124
dchan=109

loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

#####################

My broken zapata.conf is the same as the working, with

context=isdn32-a
pridialplan=unknown
group=3
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=euroisdn
channel=63-77,79-93

context=meridian-a
group=4
signalling=pri_net
switchtype=euroisdn
channel=94-108,110-124

Added.

The channel numbers do not seem right to me - although it works when I
have my working scenario !!

Any comments or help would be most welcome.

Julian