[Asterisk-Users] NEED HELP!!

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Nov 23 11:54:40 MST 2004

WipeOut wrote:
> The problem is that I don't think Asterisk is causing the problem (not
> entirely anyway), I think its the internet and that IAX is too sensitive
> to packet loss so when the packet loss exceeds a certain threshold it
> just drops the call instead of trying to recover and maybe having a
> second or two gap in the voice..

Odd.  My Linksys router was rebooting this weekend.  Total loss of
connectivity, but my IAX2 calls stayed connected.  There was about 5
seconds of lost audio, but the call was not dropped.  Heck, even the
ethernet link light on the Asterisk server went dark and my laptop said
the network cable became disconnected.  My IRC sessions dropped, my IM
connections dropped, my IMAP connections dropped, but my IAX2 calls did not.