[Asterisk-Users] NEED HELP!!

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 23 11:19:47 MST 2004

Geoff Nordli wrote:

>Did you know that you can obtain commercial support for Asterisk?
>
>http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=software_support
>
>I am sure it will be cheaper than dropping Asterisk and moving to a
>different platform.
>
>Have a great day!
>
>Geoff

Hi Geoff,

The problem is that I don't think Asterisk is causing the problem (not
entirely anyway), I think its the internet and that IAX is too sensitive
to packet loss so when the packet loss exceeds a certain threshold it
just drops the call instead of trying to recover and maybe having a
second or two gap in the voice..

The problem is that a) I can't confirm this because the log isn't clear
to me and b) I wouldn't know where to go to try and make IAX more
tolerant of lost packets..

My IAX connection runs over an ADSL line and it does get CRC errors and
errored seconds occasionally (but these are very low) and obviously the
internet is not a guaranteed delivery..

Later..