[Asterisk-Users] zaphfc sound problems

Thomas Jagoditsch tja at tjasoft.com
Tue Nov 23 00:29:24 MST 2004

Martin List-Petersen schrieb:

>On lør, 2004-11-20 at 14:55, Tim Robinson wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>I recommend you abandon the old card with the CAPI drivers and purchase
>>a second HFC card.
>>

>Not sure if I would call that card old or think it's the cause for the
>stutter. The B1 is a active card. That should actually work better than
>any passive (Fritz/A1 or HFC based card).

my general impression was that too, but most users seem to work with the
setup tim recommends.

>>You can get them for around £10/EUR15 approx if you
>>shop around on the net.  You need to use zaphfc and the native zaptel
>>and libpri drivers.  You will need the bristuff from
>>
>>http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/downloads/bristuff-0.2.0-rc2b.tar.gz
>>
>>which has a script to download and install the whole thing automatically.
>>

>He has the bristuff, if you read his mail thorougly. However a old
>version.

yeah, i first looked on the website only ...

>Upgrading to asterisk stable + 0.2.0 rc2b is highly recommended. Scrap
>that oldish CVS version of yours. It's from before 1.0 was released.

definitivly - after all gentoo contains 1.0.2 anyway (but without the
needed patches).
i tried that - but unfortunatly the problem stays even with bristuff
0.2.0-rc2b.

next step i will try what tim recommends - its cheap hardware vs.
expensive time anyway ;-)
i just have to wait for the second card.

thank you both for your input, i will feedback on this.

wbr.tja...