[Asterisk-Users] Re: Firefly Problems

Adam Hart adam at teragen.com.au
Mon Nov 22 17:07:36 MST 2004

Chris Olson wrote:

>> You can grab the new one from http://www.virbiage.com/ now, if anyone
>> wants the old version, it's at
>> http://www.virbiage.com/firefly/firefly-thirdparty196.exe
>

> Thanks Adam.  The new version is working very well.  I really like this
> softphone.  Since you are doing such a great job on this :), I have 1
> more question.
>
> (1) Is there a way to pre-configure the phone for some clients?  By this
> I mean by having some extensions pre-programmed and also having the IAX
> option pre-programmed?
>
> I have some people I'd like to do beta testing with and was hoping I
> could just send them the installation file, and it would be
> preconfigured for them and ready to go.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

IAX settings are in the registry, contacts are in contacts.txt in the
program's directory... which makes it hard, hey? :)

You could wrap a Nullsoft installer around it or give a .reg &
contacts.txt file

I think rendenvous support would help here, well in the provisioning
sense anyway. It's coming soon.