[Asterisk-Users] SIP Phones-Receptionist Setup

Gregory Junker gregory.junker at dayark.com
Mon Nov 22 15:39:15 MST 2004

I went an nosed around the Bayonne site, and looked at their devel list
archives....based on historical trends, that project looks dormant (it
seems to be duplicating what Asterisk does already -- and better). Other
projects it links to also look either dormant or missing.

I have seriously considered trying to track down the specifics of the
Lucent ETR signalling, because I have a Partner key system I would like
to use still. Yes, I absolutely could just dump Zap lines into the main
system card, but then I lose the ability to signal into Asterisk (i.e.
call transfers between the key phones and a remote VoIP user, etc). In
short, it's really not meant to work that way and the solution comes up
short on many levels. Getting * to speak ETR, however, is a completely
different ballgame (although figuring out a powering scheme for the
phones introduces another challenge).

Greg