[Asterisk-Users] Unknown number CID on SIP phone

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Mon Nov 22 10:52:33 MST 2004

Brian McCrary wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a new Asterisk user and I hope I haven't missed something, but I
> can't seem to find an answer to this issue.  I have a Cisco SIP
> gateway terminating calls into a 7960 phone.  The issue I would like to
> fix is if I have an incoming call without an ANI, such as directly from
> my TDM phone switch, Asterisk says the call is coming from the IP
> address of the Cisco gateway, withough the dots, so if my gateway is at
> 10.0.0.1, Asterisk reports a call from "10001" instead of reporting
> "Unknown", or simply not reproting anything at all.

You should be able to set the inbound callerid from the switch/gateway
to a specific unknown in sip.conf file with just a callerid= line.

The place I looked on the wiki didn't show a specific description for
the callerid= line, but that's what I thought I read for it somewhere.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+sip.conf (currently hosed)
http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:IIOmLeG89KwJ:www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk%2Bconfig%2Bsip.conf+site:voip-info.org+sip.conf
(google cache)

--