[Asterisk-Users] Unknown number CID on SIP phone

Brian McCrary bmccrary at lwav.net
Mon Nov 22 08:41:17 MST 2004

Hello,

I'm a new Asterisk user and I hope I haven't missed something, but I
can't seem to find an answer to this issue.  I have a Cisco SIP
gateway terminating calls into a 7960 phone.  The issue I would like to
fix is if I have an incoming call without an ANI, such as directly from
my TDM phone switch, Asterisk says the call is coming from the IP
address of the Cisco gateway, withough the dots, so if my gateway is at
10.0.0.1, Asterisk reports a call from "10001" instead of reporting
"Unknown", or simply not reproting anything at all.

It looks like there was some dicussions about a caller ID translation
table.  Is something like that what would be needed?

Thanks,

Brian